Monday, April 27, 2009

Cheese

We went to the store the other day and visited the cheese counter.  As we were standing around gazing hungrily at the bounty before us, debating whether we needed to try some new cheese, the cheese man approached.  I know the guy who works in the produce department is called the producer... wtf do you call the guy who works in the cheese section?  The cheeser?  He took a look at what we were holding and asked "would you like to try it?"  I handed him a slab of dry jack and he returned shortly afterward with a couple of slivers to try.  Upon the taste, we dropped a wedge into our basket.  The cheese man kept talking, telling us about the cheese.  More about the cheese than I knew could be known.  And probably not made up, either.

 My husband handed the cheese man a wedge of fancy Parmesan and asked if we could try it.  "Do you like honey?" he asked.  "I'd just like to try it plain," my husband answered.  "Honey?  I like honey!"  I told him quickly.  He came back a minute later carrying a sheet of paper with the cheese on it.  Two slivers plain, two with a drop of honey.  We ate the plain first.  Another winner.  Then I tried the honey.  The cheese man continued to talk about the cheese, about the honey, about... well... whatever.  Because as I put the combination of honey and cheese into my mouth I phased out.  I could think only of this amazing bliss I was tasting.

And now I have a crush on the cheese man.  He was kind of cute.  But most importantly, he gave me the most amazing oral pleasure I've felt in a long, long time.

1 comment:

Alfro said...

Oral Pleasure is always good.

I'm sure it was just as good for the cheeseman, as you.