Tuesday, March 27, 2007

To one who would never think I mean him...

Sometimes when I kiss my husband I close my eyes and imagine it's you. Sometimes I turn off the lights when I take him in my mouth and pretend it's your cock against my tongue. I'll lay in bed talking to him and open my eyes for a second expecting to see your face. I look over at him once in a while and wonder what it would be like if it was you there, instead. I wonder how you'd look at me. I wonder how things would be between us.

And then I check the casualty reports to make sure you're not actually dead, that you're still out there.

Maybe thinking of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

{Apologies ahead of time if this sounds crass...it's not meant to be...}

Oh, my...it would drive him crazy knowing you want him that badly.

Months of celibacy on deployment are torture. If you see him when he redeploys home, get ready for one hell of a time...better make it a week just the two of you....

Some Woman said...

Unfortunately, he's someone I'm all but guaranteed to never see again. Which is why I wrote the entry. Sort of a message in a bottle. "The one that got away" and all that. Probably all in my mind, anyway. But that's what makes it romantic and delightful.