Saturday, August 25, 2007

Age is just a....

So I was looking through some personal ads. Looking for hot, meaningless sex. Meaninglessly. I'm not sure I mean it.

Turns out, there are a lot of guys looking for sex. Who knew? But what surprises me the most is that I'm suddenly noticing the age limits imposed by those horny boys. "I like older women. Please don't be over 30." As I near that milestone age I'm suddenly struck by the oddity that were I mere 11 months older I'd be of no interest. 11 months. I don't think I look or feel all that different from how I looked 5 years ago. What's 11 months?

Which got me to thinking about where I draw my own lines. If 11 months are nothing... what's a few years? What's any of it in the grand scheme of things?

Not that I want an 18 year old. When I was 18 I didn't want an 18 year old... as it turns out, that hasn't changed. Well, there are exceptions. But they're few and far between.

But, yeah, so as I get older, I recognize the frustration so many men have related to me about age. It's really galling to be excluded from someone's interest merely because of a number which doesn't serve to represent me at all.

3 comments:

Southern Swinger said...

Our ad on AAF shows us to be 60. Although we say we are not interested in single men, we get emails from much younger fellows who say that older women turn them on. Don't despair; you can have many years of fucking older, same age, and younger men and women

lola h. said...

yeah, when i was online dating back in 2004, my age range was 21-34. i was 32 years old at the time. i had TONS of 18-yos trying to hook up with me, all saying, "i want a MILF" or "only mature women need apply."

i didn't want to have to worry about going to a club or something, and they couldn't get in OR they couldn't drink. shit - an 18yo *barely* has a driver's license! yeesh!

just hang in there. i met so many nice people online and even keep in touch with a few from time to time. my neighbour's not having any luck right now, but she's 43 and attracting 45yo men who have never married ... and they've usually never married for a REASON.

Some Woman said...

Never married for a reason. Ain't that the truth....