Monday, September 19, 2005

Uncomfortable.

Yes, I am back. Thanks for noticing.

There's this man who comes into my work. He's an older guy. Probably around 50 give or take. Heavy, grey hair, ponytail. He comes in and smiles. And kind of stares. From the very first time I met him he made me uncomfortable. It's NOT getting any better.

I think he thinks I should think he's special. Memorable. And most of all, attractive. Alas, while he is memorable I only think he's special in that creepy sort of way and least of all is he attractive.

After he left today, once again giving me the creeps my coworker stood near. I told her "he REALLY makes me uncomfortable." And she suprised me by agreeing whole heartedly. She and I agree on almost nothing. And it only heightens my feeling of discomfort that she, too, feels that "vibe" from him.

I wonder if he realises that he makes us uncomfortable. Maybe he thinks he tight, "I'm undressing you with my eyes" smile is supposed to be relaxing. But relaxing it is not.

And this is why I'm so careful of my attraction to the men around me. What if *I* come off that way?!?

And what the hell is wrong with that guy?!?

No comments: