Thursday, February 08, 2007

Collar

Today we went to the store and bought an electric collar for one of our dogs. I've never been a fan of the collars for but have recently discovered that it's possibly much safer for my dog (and other dogs) for him to have the collar than to have him attacking other (smaller) dogs at the dog park and getting hit by other dogs' owners (as happened last week) when he tries to jump up and take a chunk of fur out of their precious poodles. Generally he's great with other dogs but out of ever 50 he meets, one ends up being a problem for him and he's nearly impossible to control at great distances, so we're hoping this will help. Okay, okay, enough of the defense of the collar.

So, we brought it home and charged it and I immediately had to try it. There's no way in hell I'm going to put something like that on my dog without testing it on myself first. Needless to say after the initial fear of even trying it, and the initial shock of the sensation, it's not that bad. It can be vaguely painful at the higher levels, but not in such a way as to be unmanageable, I think. After I tested it, husband tested it, too. Then I tried it on myself again.

And then I got to thinking. Lots of people are into e-stim (as they call it) during their "sm" play. Having experienced just the barest taste, I got to wondering whether any of those people have considered electric collars on human bits (surely they have) which led me to wondering about the sensation against a nipple. Or in my case, my nipple piercing. Would I end up with a cooked nipple? Or just some intense, interesting sensations? Which led me to wondering about the possibility of using the collar somewhere further south. Across the wetter, juicier bits.

While I don't think I'm particularly interested in sharing my sex toys with my dog (in ANY way) I find the idea very interesting. I shared this line of thought with my husband and while he managed not to have a look of horror, he certainly cringed a bit and asked me, teasingly, what the hell is wrong with me. Obviously it's not something he's interested in, and while I'm curious, I can't say it's overwhelming curiosity.

However, after considering the "damage" I could do to myself using the collar I started considering Keith. Keith has been my "go to guy" for many fantasies and delightful memories. One of the things I don't think I went into any particular detail about was the fact that I discovered (long after our encounters) that he was very much a masochist and very subby. At the time I found the idea only vaguely intriguing. I've always thought of myself as being more sub and never found much interest in exploring the other side of things. However, whenever I hit on delightful toy ideas (like alternative uses for the collar) which have the potential to be quite painful, I think of Keith and the pleasure we both might have found in the experience....

No comments: