Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthday

I just had my birthday, today. It ended up being the sort of day that... really felt like any other day. Some small part of me wanted to be excited about it. But it just wasn't. I woke up to cake. I went to bed to... nothing. Nothing at all. Of course I got up to write.

But in the middle, I did find myself a little depressed and yet found myself counting my blessings. I'm very lucky to live the life I do. Despite those moments (days... weeks, sometimes) where my husband and I find ourselves at odds, we really do care very much for one another. We love one another and when I remember to be nice to him... he can be very, very nice to me.

Still no sex, though. I can't remember the last time we did. It shouldn't really be this hard....

Still, we both have the freedom to explore as needed. No real jealousy. And lots and lots of trust. He's really a good man. Besides my marriage, I have at least one member of my family who won't let me fall. Not easily, at least. And several pets whom I adore and who take good care of my need for affection and attention when no human ever could.

I'm grateful for all that I have.

This year, I want even MORE!

No comments: