Thursday, July 02, 2009

I'm a damned fool. That's all I have to say about that.

I took out the piercings in order to physically heal, reduce the pain and annoyance when the dogs would walk next to me on the bed and inevitable and invariably step on my damned nipples. It's amazing how, without the piercings, they never do that anymore. I miss them, some. But they haven't been an important part of my life in quite a while so I think about them longingly maybe once a day.

Meanwhile, I ended up having a rather long conversation with the cute guy a couple of my coworkers have been crushing on. Based on this, I'm pretty sure he's single. And I'm pretty sure he's as not my type as I thought he was when I just looked at him. Although I can't explain it. Earlier today he talked about making fun of some kind when he was very young. It's difficult to really hold it against him... but so easy, too.

Growing up, I remember some kid making fun of another kid. I couldn't stand to watch it for one more second, so I walked right up to the bully and yelled "Leave him ALONE! You're... you're VERY CUTE." Yeah. Uh. That was my insult. I still, to this day, have no idea why that came out of my mouth. It wasn't true and he wasn't being very cute. But he walked away without another word. My point was to get the kid to leave the other kid alone... and it definitely worked.

My mother used to tell me if someone was making fun of me, "Kiss him!" I stared at her angrily, thinking she was making fun of me. "Because, they'll stop." I think she was teasing... a bit. It probably would have worked. It also would have given me a reputation I couldn't have dealt with at that age....

And this concludes my rambling post.

3 comments:

Alfro said...

Jeez Semper,

What would I need to say to get you to kiss me??

lets see....
hey good lookin.

Is that working?.. I was never very good at being a bully. So I'm not sure how to do that.

Hope your weekend is a good one

Some Woman said...

How about "please?"

Alfro said...

Dang,

I knew I was over thinking.

now I know. It's always the easy thing.