Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Busy, Busy

You'd think it'd be the holidays leading me to a very, very busy social calendar. Somehow, I've ended up with four big events on four consecutive weekends. Lots of people, dressing up... etc etc. I've bought a bunch of new eyeshadow to play with. Among them were the Cover Girl exact eyelights eye shadows. I bought them in both brown and hazel colors and did one eye in each color. Other than having makeup on with too much mica... I don't feel like my eye color was particularly "brought out." Feh, I say! I bought a similar collection from Almay and went with that. So there. Even though I'm pretty sure it's the same company, Almay appears to be geared towards women who are... well... actually, older than me. But whatever. I also picked up the Cover Girl eye liner. When I wear green eyeliner it doesn't look like I have bright eyes. It looks like I'm wearing inexplicable green eyeliner. That's okay, though. Sometimes I AM inexplicable.

I wore a red dress to one of my events. I might just wear it again. I had rather thought I'd end up feeling like some weird Scarlette O'Hara but it ended up just being a dress. That's okay with me.

So I went to that wedding and I cried. I'm really happy for the couple. On the other hand, I've secretly long had a crush on the groom. He's a really, really great guy and seeing him married... well... it was sort of a shock. I was so happy that he feels he's found "the one." I want nothing more for him than for him to be very happy. I think it's in the cards for him. His new wife is fun and flirty and a lot like him. It was lovely.

The whole crush thing... the funny part about it... my husband commented on this guy's looks and I pointed out that the two of them look rather similar. "Probably partially where I got my taste in men," I mused. And it's undoubtedly true.

Oh, and the bride? Not at ALL what I expected for him. She and I have a lot in common physically, frankly. And it's kind of weird to consider... .... ... naw.

Although I have to admit I've always had a funny romantic notion about growing old and discovering my attraction was mutual and that we were both single (unexplained) blah blah blah. I have that romantic notion in my head for Keith, too. And probably others I've thought of. The problem being, romantic notions are rarely anything like the heartache and trouble that comes from real life.

Basically, I guess I don't intend to be alone when I get old and should something terrible happen to my husband I fully intend to pull someone out of my pocket for just such an occasion. Yeah. I'm a great person. Really!

1 comment:

Alfro said...

I can understand your "pull someone from your pocket" thing. I think I've also got that same person that I think about. The thing though is, that I know for sure she would drive me totally insane. So I have no reason to wish this fantasy to come true, but it feels good to know I have the fantasy.

Oh,... and it's just not fair to tease us with the red dress, unless your willing to show it. Just sayin...