Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Why I'm Not Getting Laid

It would appear I'm a lot shyer than I like to admit. Okay, actually I readily admit it.

We went to the local super-cool dinner theater. Our server was hot. Somewhere in his 30's I'd guess, lovely dark hair and light eyes. Masculine. Wearing a shirt that showed his dark chest hair. I found my eyes caught on it more than once. Toward the end of the evening I was gazing longingly at him as he talked to the man sitting just beyond us. He looked up at me and I had to force my gaze away. I didn't really look at him the rest of the night.

Of course, there I was with my husband. And a co-worker. And her husband. Not much chance of anything. But it was nice to look at him. I should have kept looking at him. Just a moment or two longer. But I'm sure he guessed that I was interested. How could I not be? He was fine.

Had I been alone... I never would have even had the courage to gaze at him, though.

God damn, I gotta get over that.

No comments: