Thursday, June 09, 2005

Coincidence?

Tuesday morning one of the work crew from the maintanence crews stopped my husband and I. "Hey, did you call in that your air conditioning is broken?" I thought for a half second and replied, chirpily "nope. It's not us!" then added "ours is working great!"

As I got into the car to drive away I watched them head to the same lettered (similarly numbered) house across the street and thought no more of it.

Wednesday morning I woke up hot and bitchy as hell. I walked downstairs to where my husband was playing on his computer and checked the temperature. Over 80. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I asked him and flipped the a/c lower. Except it was already running. Warm.

SON OF A BITCH. Our A/C went out. Now, riddle me this... what the fuck are the chances our A/C would go out within 24 hours of someone asking me if it was working? Consider that it has been running perfectly for 2 years. What. The. Fuck. Knowing that in the past it's been a problem with the pipes freezing up we left it off yesterday and suffered through the heat of the day as the thermostat inside passed 90.

It is now 5am. It is still 85 degrees in the house. There is no fucking frozen pipe anymore. I thawed rock hard meat on the counter in a matter of a couple of hours. There is no question NOTHING in this house is frozen anymore except that which is locked securely away in the freezer.

So we went to bed. I took a cold shower and we turned a fan on the bed. I crawled into the already too hot bed and we tried to sleep. "You didn't even TRY to kiss me" I told him, after a while. It's our night time ritual to always share a kiss and then go to sleep. So he coaxed me over and we made out like teenagers. "I DON'T want to have sex" I warned him as soon as we started, "it is WAY too hot." Which is about the time he started really wanting to play kissy face.

Fucking irritates the shit out of me that he won't fuck me but if there's no pressure he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Of course, EVERYTHING fucking irritates me right now because it's hot and I become the fucking incredible hulk when I'm this hot and I can feel the sweat like little bugs crawling across my flesh. Not to mention the restive night I've spent tossing and turning and smacking the dog for licking wet spots in the bed randomly.

Here's to the maintanence crew being punctual tomorrow....

No comments: