Friday, June 17, 2005

A reserved nod...

I must give a reserved nod (which is to say a questioning acceptance) to the new Coca Cola Zero which tastes more like regular coke than diet. It's... different. I'm not convinced I'm going to like it forever... take for instance C2 which I adored when it first came out... until I could start TASTING the "other" flavor which was just nasty. This one has a faint flavor of diet... with an odd sweetness, too. So for now I accept it. But I'm perfectly willing to reverse that decision.

On to the good stuff. I flirted with Jones a little bit today. Not nearly as much as I'd have liked. The draw back being that I was reminded, again, that he thinks he's god's gift to women... which I do believe HE believes... and well... no one needs to be THAT cocky.

Husband's friend (I've forgotten his nickname again) and I have been trading e-mails. I suppose if anything interesting were to happen it would be tonight but since nothing interesting is going to happen between him and I tonight... well... c'est la vie, mon ami. Husband comes home in the wee hours of Sunday and I work late on Saturday so... yeah... this is my last party day. I'm making the best of it by drinking my Coca Cola Zero. Yippee! I ought to be having wild sex.

But if I'm honest... I haven't really, truly wanted to sleep around since the exceptionally unfortunate incident with Frank in the beginning of the year. I guess it just makes me more leary of new people. Even though Frank was not new people to me. That actually makes it worse. Dammit.

No comments: