Thursday, February 17, 2005

About EB

Last night as I was talking to both the ex and EB online I was once again reminded of the incredibly differences between the two of them.

With the ex I felt incredible passion. And even love. But he was never really my friend. I hated listening to him talk sometimes. We tried to force a friendship.

With EB, there is barely any lust. Sometimes. But not much. Every so often he comes up with something really sexy that he'll say and I'll get wet. I'm always wet when it comes to actually being with him. However, we have the potential to be great friends. We think a lot a like and I find him extremely funny.

The ex divorced his wife and has gone through a series of relationships swearing that each girl is the one for him. And then leaving them. He's not the most "aware" guy and generally puts his needs before those around him (although in bed he's fucking awesome).

EB divorced his wife and isn't looking for another relationship. He's seen maybe one or two girls (myself... maybe another) but only infrequently. Enough to take the edge off. He's always extremely polite and caring in bed and out. The typical nice guy.

Having the two on my IM program reminded me quite forcefully that the ex is NOT the kind of guy I want in my life anymore. I commented on the fact that the last time I saw him he and I talked for about a minute and a half and in that time his girlfriend was standing next to him awkwardly and he made NO EFFORT to introduce us. For me it was awkward to know she was with him but get no introduction and to know he was like... ignoring her. I smiled and said "hello" to her and he said NOTHING, didn't even look at her. I asked him about it later and said I thought it was painfully rude for him to have done that and he got snippy and told me if I hadn't been in such a rush and only given him less than a second to introduce her he'd have done so. But I'm not so sure. I think he's really insensitive that way.

Basically, I really really like EB. And I realised I really really don't like the ex. So I deleted him. And then I looked at my buddy list and deleted half of them, too.

I feel better. Although now my buddy list looks sparse.....

No comments: