Monday, February 07, 2005

The Side Effect of the Snuggle

Part one:

I smiled at husband late last night, "thanks for snuggling with me. I really liked sleeping together like that."

To which he responded, "Did I sleep?"

I stared at him.

"Well, I mean, I remember it being a lot later than I thought it was. But I don't remember falling asleep."

Except that he most certainly did because I was the one who woke him up around superbowl time.

"So, what you just laid there thinking 'how much longer do I have to lay here? God let me get out of bed....'" which is pretty much his normal response when I want to snuggle.

He didn't really respond. I kinda wanted to smack him. But decided to hope for the best and figure he was just offended by what I'd said. I decided I was still glad we'd been so close.

Part 2:

I spent the better part of snuggling day with a friend and coworker (not snuggling) who told me "I'm getting sick, I think." I forbade her from getting sick. We drove around for a long time in an enclosed car.

Today she called out sick.

I came home to husband "hey, guess what?" I related the above bit to him and added "I really don't feel good tonight, either. Aren't you glad we chose yesterday to snuggle?"

"Yeah. Great," he replied, "but it's not like we slept with my tongue in your face. I mean, as far as you know."

No comments: