Sunday, October 30, 2005

The last two days..

have been some of the least exciting of my existance. I spent the last two days cleaning the bedroom. Yes. Two whole days. Cleaning. A lot of things were thrown out. A lot. The underside of the bed is now ghostly empty. It's great. And yet... it's still cluttered. Just a tiny bit. Because there are only about four horizontal spaces in the room... and they're all full. Amazing. Some of that will change, soon I hope. And maybe in the next few weeks I'll buy some end tables with drawers which will take care of most of THAT little problem.

Meanwhile, I bought some new bedding (and curtains) to improve the look of the room. Pretty much the entire time we've been married, we've slept under separate blankets. Before we got married I bought a lovely bedding set, anticipating a queen mattress... only to have husband insist we buy a king. Much blanket maddness has ensued since then and it's just ended up we've gone on to only share a fitted sheet. I finally found a comforter I liked and NOW we share. Which is weird. But it appears to be working.

So, now the bedroom is fit for entertaining visitors. As if we'll have any visitors to our bedroom. The funny thing is, I realise now that I may have done away with any level of comfort a potential lover would have in the room by making it hyper masculine... thus making any normal guy feel like he's intruding on my husband's domain. Poaching. Maybe there's a secret thrill in that for some... but that's not generally the type of guy I go for.

I'm pleased with it none the less and find the bedroom to be a MUCH more inviting space.

Now... the rest of the house.

No comments: