Monday, January 08, 2007

First Day

My first day of work is here. Well, my first day of training. For the first time in my work history I actually get three days of not-on-the-job training. Which is really pretty funny to me since I'm now quite comfortable with the basics (and some of the advanced parts) of the work I do and really just need the specifics having to do with this particular company. But whatever. Three eight-hour days of training, I was told. It's going to be a long three days. After that, though, it'll go down to part time which is NOT what I want. But you do what you've got to do. I'm almost certainly going to need a second job, especially since the husband isn't working.

In some ways I really have enjoyed the time I've spent sitting around doing nothing. But I guess it's time to get back into the real world. It'll be nice to have real-world conversations with people who aren't related to me by blood or marriage....

So today... today I look forward to possibly being bored out of my mind. But soon... maybe, just maybe, I'll get to start talking to lots of people again. And hopefully at least a few of them will be hot, sexy men.