Friday, January 12, 2007

First REAL day

My tongue piercing has been out for the last 24 hours. I kind of miss it. But... not a lot. Having my mouth free of anything poke-y is rather nice. I still find myself fiddling with my tongue as if the barbell was still there... but it's gone. And done with. It was kinda fun while it lasted.

Meanwhile, I had my first day of working at the new store. I might very much like it. I deal with a hell of a lot of men. And it seems like the women are pretty pleasant, too. I mean, like, there are some really hot guys who come in. And after working at the last store, I've learned to be waaay less shy than I used to be. It's really kind of funny to me that were you to ask any one of the people I work with if I'm shy they'd almost certainly find the idea strange. And while I still have my moments of silence and discomfort, I'm just so much more outgoing than I used to be. I had a lot of conversations with a lot of people today, both that I work with and that I don't. It was really great....

We'll see how I feel about it a few weeks from now (and a few months) but for now... I'm totally stoked. I just wish I had more hours....

2 comments:

Tom Paine said...

Congratulations on the new job, that should take a lot of pressure off you. I've always wondered about tongue studs, both having and certainly experiencing them in, well, ALL aspects.

Some Woman said...

Near as I can tell, the tongue stud was more about the "difference" and the implied pleasure than about actual. No one I went down on seemed to think it was all that. I AM curious about it from the otherside, though.