Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Always New

EB and I chat a lot. He and I have grown from lovers to friends with very occasional benefits. He's never come out and said it (nor have I, for that matter) but together we're not all that hot. We genuinely enjoy one another's company and the sex is okay... but it's nothing to write home about. Although actually, the last time we got together *I* had an awesome time, though it ended up being mostly about him.

Anyway. He and I were chatting as we often do in the evenings. He's rather frustrated with the women in his life. Me, I'm frustrated with most of the men. So we sit together and bitch about the people of the opposite sex in our lives.

Then the following conversation:

odalisquek: Mens, I tell you.
EB: we suck
odalisquek: Yepper. I'm thinking I should give up on 'em all together.
EB: I feel that way about women an awful lot
odalisquek: I know you do. You, with more reason than I.
EB: Of course, everytime I feel that way one comes by and makes me forget for a moment my dislike of women...
odalisquek: That doesn't seem to happen to me, so much.
EB: Sure it does, you always seem to have a new boy toy
odalisquek: Not so much, really.


And it's gotten me thinking. I suppose I do always hold out hope that SOMEONE will come along and break me of this terrible, terrible streak I find myself (once again) in. Martin started it... and then... Keith swept in and managed to be everything I ever wanted in a lover... and then he swept out just the way he came. And since then... nothing (and no one) satisfies.

And yet still, I keep hoping.....

No comments: