Sunday, May 28, 2006

Days

I decided to turn off my AFF profile. Just doesn't seem worth it to me right now.

Friday while I was at work, it was super slow thanks to the long military weekend. Trian (aka the new guy) came in and talked to me a couple of different times since he, too, was bored. He told me a bunch more about his life and his daughters and I stared dumbly. I'm curious and interested but I never know what to say to people about their children. Obviously I'm not any sort of expert on child rearing or parenting... or how parents deal with conversation about their children. So I freeze. I ended up changing the subject rather abruptly and currently feel kind of bad about it. Obviously he wanted to vent a little and I just don't feel like I know him well enough to know how to handle that.

We ended up talking a little about his wife (ex-ish wife) and about the fact that she was "sucking up" to him a bit about this weekend. Part of me was thinking maybe he was trying to tell me any plans he might have had about asking me out this weekend were off... and part of me suspected he was waiting for me to suggest he spend his time with me, instead. Whatever the case, I'm not getting in the middle of anything. I'll listen and I might even suggest (if asked) but I'm NOT part of that and I DON'T want to be.

Listening to him talk I think "drama drama drama." Now, I'm not really sure that it's all of his own making. I think most of the drama in his life was brought by others and at this point he's not in a position to escape. However, it still makes me cringe to imagine being any part of that. None for me, thanks.

So, yeah. I'm not sure exactly what's going on there. He messaged me on IM to tell me that he's been kind of busy at home lately. No problem. But not being available is the LAST way to get me into bed....

No comments: