Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wakey wakey.

Yesterday my alarm didn't go off. I woke up to my husband's alarm and almost told him "no honey, it's mine." Except it wasn't. And I was already about 20 minutes late for work. This morning I woke up a half hour early and lay staring at the clock. I was tempted to get up right then but went over in my mind that indeed the alarm was set and I did NOT need to run for the shower, arms flapping in dismay. At 5:10 my husband asked me "what time is your alarm supposed to go off?" "Ten minutes ago," I sighed, thanking him. The alarm was still set... still waiting to go off... it just... didn't. Again. A new alarm clock is in my very near future.

Work yesterday SUCKED because of my lack of getting up on time. I was literally out of the house five minutes after I woke up. I took the time to put on about 3 seconds worth of make-up and pull back my hair into a semi-greasy pony tail and headed out. I looked in the mirror at my still sleep-swollen eyes and proceeded to experience one of the least attractive days of my life. I was tempted to go home and shower during my lunch, but lunch came an hour before I was to go home so I figured it wasn't worth the trouble.

Needless to say, I experienced no flirting yesterday at all. Then again, I gave none of my own. But oh, it was a tough day for me.

No comments: