Monday, May 15, 2006

Do I know you...?

Funny thing. I got this e-mail from this guy on AFF. The email consisted of "Do we..." as the subject and "know each other" as the body. With a little winking smiley following. And that was all. I sighed heavily and checked his profile, since anyone who feels like they need to ask probably already knows the answer. But fair's fair.

So, I read his description... height, hair color, eyes, age and I thought of the only person I "know" who even remotely fit the description. And I thought "him? Surely not." I spent the entire day trying to think of ANYONE else I know from work who could fit the description. And failed. Of those who were close, there was always one deciding factor (age, height, or hair) that crossed them off the list.

After I got home I checked the profile again. Still deep in thought. I checked the "extended" profile. And there was a wee tiny photo (the way AFF does it) of this man standing near a building. And I squinted my eyes real close.

And I'm pretty sure it's him.

Which is *REALLY* weird.

Not that he isn't nice. But... he's one of the regular customers I've been chatting up since I first came to the store. A nice guy who knows (and is friendly with) my ultra religious coworker. While he's always struck me as the kind of guy who's nice to EVERYONE, I still tend to hold "friendship" with her against people. Either you're her "friend" or you're mine. You can't be both because she irritates me. Not that it really matters. It's just one of those things. If they're too friendly with her I'm standoffish lest something slip out of my mouth that gets back to her.

So anyway. Yeah. Pretty sure it's him. And with the whole "wink" thing I'm kind of afraid he's going to come on to me. And I'm going to be completely weirded out because he's a really nice guy but... do I want to sleep with him? Probably not thanks to the fact that he's that much older than me and of course I see him at least twice a day most days....

On the other hand, his profile is utterly charming. Exactly the type of guy I'm interested in. Dammit.

No comments: