Monday, June 05, 2006

Another Dream

I had a kind of weird dream last night. Apparently my brain hates me just a little bit.

In my dream last night I met a guy. A guy who was not super hot... but certainly within the realm of guys I'd happily fuck. I was attracted to him. He was attracted to me. This was a great start. We went out a few times (more like stayed in at my place... no husband in this dream) and just generally got to know one another. We did not take things to a physical level.

On one of our dates we got to talking about dancing. Apparently in this dream either all dances are really easy, or I already knew some ballroom dance steps because he and I got up and started goofing around and dancing. I enjoyed following his lead and with each turn and spin I found myself drawing closer to him, more and more breathless, until finally we stopped moving and his arms came up around me and he kissed me.

This was... an incredible kiss. After the dancing, following his lead learning to respond to his subtle movements the kiss was amazing. Our lips found one another's and our mouths danced together, our bodies pressing, our hands roaming. Everything was timed perfectly to elicit maximum reaction from one another. He broke off the kiss, our breathing hard and I found myself beyond disappointed.

I reached for him but he stepped away. "Before we go any further, we need to talk," he told me. I nodded, thinking that at this point I'd rather not talk and would be fine with not taking things further than we already had. Unless he perhaps was unable to stop himself from taking things further as our kisses went on longer, our hands moving more freely. But he must have read my mind and told me he had to go. And he did.

Over the rest of the dream I learned, through chance, that he was the husband of one of my friends. I'd never known. I was quite sure at that point that I'd figured out what it was that he felt he needed to tell me. However, when the three of us got together (her still in the dark and him not knowing yet that I knew) I also discovered that he had cancer and was going through treatment for it.

I still wanted him, of course. The way he and I were together was stunning and I was unwilling to let that go, even knowing I might eventually lose him completely. Either back to his wife or to cancer. Or both.

The dream ended there, of course. But I'm still thinking about that dream man....

No comments: