Monday, June 05, 2006

From the Past

I ran into Frank online the other night. And find myself more than a little shocked at my lack of malice toward him. Considering the traumatic experience I had with him a year and a half ago (see trauma part 3 in the sidebar) I was surprisingly not mad anymore. I've always maintained that he never meant to hurt me and had only tried to take the same liberties he'd been allowed before. Regardless, I've still been relatively angry at him since then. Except apparently I'm not.

On the other hand, it was around that time, anyway, that I realized that I don't think he's a good person. Like on... any level. His choices don't mesh well with my own life choices or those that I accept in a responsible adult.

Having three children by three different women I've always found to be a little ghetto. I withheld judgment on that one. Having an affair on your pregnant wife... well... that was pretty lame, too. But it was when I found out he was not just seeing me but also leading on another woman further south who didn't know he was married and didn't know about me, either... well... that went a bit far. The fact that she had a small child and he was interacting with the small child, too, was just taking things WAAAY too far.

Unsurprisingly he got found out. He was never that careful about those things so his wife found out and then his girlfriend did. And here's the amazing thing about him... he's still with his wife... and he tells me him and his girlfriend are "still in love" and still talking... behind his wife's back. Meanwhile, he was clearly trying to feel me out again to see where I was on the idea of sleeping with him.

Of course I have no interest.

But I remain utterly amazed at his life. And am very glad I'm no longer any part of it.

No comments: