Monday, June 26, 2006

A good day

For some reason I was up a little early this morning. I didn't want to be, but whatever. It happens to work out well then that my boss called me and told me no one had opened the store and could I please go do so? This was almost 2 hours after the store was supposed to be open. Since I woke up early, however, it wasn't a big deal. Then I took two hours off in the middle of the day and relaxed, watching TV and snuggling the dogs before heading back to work.

Somehow the split shift did me good. While I was at work in the morning I worked with "the new" boy. It appears he's as flirtatious and fun as I am. The fact that he bears an uncanny resemblance to one of my celebrity crushes doesn't help matters. I managed NOT to even SORT of go that direction with him. I flat out refuse to even CONSIDER the idea. Which is fine because he seems to feel the same way. But he's amusing and it was pleasant.

However, he amused me with his flirtation with other people. I don't know why but I love watching flirtatious interactions between people. It fascinates and thrills me. So I had a good time working with him.

Later at the other store, Mason came in and we talked a very little bit. All on the up and up. I've decided he looks vaguely like Chris Noth (Mr. Big) except... better, really. And I still think he'd be excellent in bed. Like really... really... attentive and sensual. Well, that's what I dream of, anyway. Not that I should bother to waste my thoughts on that anyway because there is zero chance of anything ever happening. But... but... damn.

Trian came in and told me a bit more about what's going on with him. Much drama, of course. I'm still not convinced he brings it on himself... but he certainly doesn't avoid it. And it got me to thinking about my life and "drama" and what I do and don't want to be part of that life and whether I'm too quick to cut things out that I don't care for... whether I'm too celebral about some things. Sure, I can get caught up in emotion but genreally the colder and more logical I am about things the more pleased I am when I look back on my choices....

Anyway. I was still really pleased with the day and ended up being in a very good mood for most of it.

Tomorrow... well... we'll see.

No comments: