Monday, June 19, 2006

Excitement

I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing the guy I wrote about last night. We won't go into the hows and whys, but needless to say its just not going to happen. Which isn't to say I won't be entertaining other offers...

Last night was... well... not exactly a good night for me. I barely slept. I found myself feeling vaguely like a kid headed to Disneyland. It's not like the job I'm going to do today is necessarily going to be THAT exciting. However, I can't help but hope it will be. Even after I go to do it I'll probably have to remain mostly mute on the subject. But, yes. Not much sleep.

I actually found myself drifting between thoughts of Keith and thoughts of my job. Neither has anything to do with one another. I was merely laying in the hotel room bed thinking about what it was like with him. And how lovely it would have been to have him there with me. Thought turned to comparing him against others I've been with, of course. As I lay there I was thinking about the way most men find some magical way of boring me in the middle of sex so that I am on my back wondering if and or when we'd be getting on to doing something that would feel good to me, too. I never wondered that with Keith. There was no endless, repetitive thrusting leaving me cold. Always there was a subtle change, or something not so subtle that kept both my mind and body entirely engaged.

How can anyone else really compare?

No comments: