Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So annoyed.

My hotel room is okay. Don't get me wrong. However, twice now I've come back to it and found the door opens with just a touch because the lock doesn't work properly. Housekeeping comes and goes without pulling it shut, expecting it to close on it's own. I wonder why they bothered giving me a key. Were it not for the fact that tonight's my last night, I'd request another room.

For some reason, housekeeping also took my soap and shampoo away. I'm really confused on that one. As well as taking all but one wash cloth, including the carefully folded decorative towel that was in my room when I got here. I can only assume they took it to put it in someone else's room because it wasn't dirty or used so there was really no reason to remove it....

Anyway. In preparation for my tryst with DJ I went out and bought razor (which I'd forgotten at home) and spent an extra long morning in the shower trying to make sure I was at least well groomed. While I dressed this morning it occurred to me that I hadn't taken into consideration the fact that he'd be seeing my underwear. This necessitated a quick trip to the store to buy a pair of nicer panties.

And then I waited. I'd already gone over with him that I was vaguely uncomfortable doing this because I wasn't feeling very confident. However, he insisted it would be worth his time and it was something he really wanted to do. I debated a little, not because I don't desire him, but because I really don't feel like I DESERVE anything right now. However, with his assurances I promised him that I wouldn't flake and would be awaiting him.

This evening I saw he was online and sent him a message. To which I got no reply. I called him twice but got no answer. I waited impatiently and never heard a thing from him.

And I'm pissed. Because why DO that to a person? Why be so insistent and even kind... and then just... disappear into thin air? It's not really the confidence boost I was looking for, let me tell you. In fact... I think I might nip out to the hotel bar and get myself a shot or two of something and then nip back to bed.

Or maybe I'll just go to bed.

No comments: