Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Death

Yeah, Min died. And as if by fate it was maybe ten minutes after I headed out to the vet with her. We got stopped by one of those construction flaggers and I looked over and saw that she was doing the death breathing that I've seen in other dying animals. I knew then that it was too late. I ended up turning around and going back home, she died as I held her in one hand, driving the car with the other.

And all I could think was "please, god, don't let them inspect the car this time. I REALLY don't want to have to explain the dead rat...." Of course, they didn't inspect. But it would have been pretty fucking hysterical if they had.

I took her out and kinda-buried her in the woods. It's not important to me that her body remain undisturbed. She can be someone's easy dinner. It was more about me letting her go than anything.

It hurts to cry, now. Real, physical pain in my tear ducts when I start. I'll be okay in a bit.

But it sure sucks.

Back to regularly scheduled writings later. Or another day.

No comments: