Friday, April 29, 2005

Odd Thing.

Li was there today. Lately he's been absolutely giddy. It's very odd. Anyway, he was vaguely flirtatious today and it pleased me. Of course. Because. Well. You know.

So, he grabbed my arm today and lay it on a box nearby. Then he grabbed his big industrial style box cutter, which I recognised as his box cutter as he brought it around... and proceeded to swing it rather slowly toward my arm. I watched in fascination as I thought "wow, this may really hurt." I twitched vaguely as the blade made contact with my flesh. Except... it didn't hurt. He slid the blade down the length of my arm toward my wrist as I considered the complete lack of pain.

Oh, the blade wasn't out.

I stared at my arm completely bewildered.

And then realised he was just playing with me. Threatening to cut me. And I'd aquiesced without question. Even as I'd recognised that "yes, that blade is going to cut into the first inch of so of my skin and muscle... that's going to be a problem" I left my arm where it was, at his mercy.

Guess I trust him.

I related the story to my husband to which he replied "you really have no survival instinct do you? I'd have introduced my fist to his face."

I did however, later and on an unrelated note, end up punching him twice in the stomach and following it with an elbow and the comment "I hope at LEAST one of those hurt." I don't even remember what it was he did, but the reaction was well deserved. And what I realised after the first punch was "oh my god, that's firm." The second was to confirm that in fact he had some killer abs. The elbow was just an excuse to touch him a third and final time.

Yeah, it's really third grade, but fuck it, you know? It was a fun day.

No comments: