Monday, April 03, 2006

Fun...

I'm staying awake as long as I can stand to, tonight. So I can sleep through most of the day tomorrow. It seems someone was listening to my worries the other night as I lay in bed, trying to decide how in the hell I could even consider buying a new (used) car when I don't know what the hell is going to happen 6 months from now. I was considering the idea of getting a second job. Something easy, of course. Cashiering at Safeway, for instance. Something I can do mindlessly for hours. Stocking would be even better. I was considering whether I should look for something with the hours eight to midnight and tell my current boss that I can only work nights so I wouldn't be stuck getting up at 4:30 in the morning after working those long hours....

So for the next week I'll be working the night shift (extreme night shift, that is). What'll it be like to be away from the house in the middle of the night? I guess I'm going to find out.

I won't see any of the handsome boys at the store. Maybe I'll be stuck at the store I loathe next week and/or the week after. Who can say? Whatever the case, I'm not too broken up about it. I'm still irritated with Sam for being the way he is. And Mason for acting like I was the one coming on to him when I was being so careful NOT to. All my little cop buddies are pretty much gone. I don't get to see their smiling, joking faces anymore. I miss them. Without them... well... the store is just... a store. Oh, I miss them.

The only REALLY good news I have... apparently the man I have come to loathe will NOT be able to come work in "my" store. Something to do with security and the fact that he's not a US citizen. SCORE. I'm so fucking thrilled to know that I have that, at least, as a safe refuge from dealing with his stupid ass.....

No comments: