Thursday, April 13, 2006

T'day.

The only thing of real interest... Mason came in. He looked at me like he always does. Very directly. Like he really wants to say something. Or wants me to. Except, of course, I won't. We've covered that. So I rang him up and he tried to be friendly and I remained somewhat standoffish. "I think you're trying to hurry up and get me out of here," he said. I stopped and looked directly at him, trying to come up with a good lie. However, the fact is... I was. I don't know what to think or do with him so yeah... I wanted him out. Not exactly something I can say to him, though. I mean, he's a customer for christ's sake. As he was leaving I said "see you tomorrow... or... the next day... or... the day after that... or something." He made like he wouldn't be in tomorrow. That's a good thing. Fuck him.

I haven't seen Sam, either. Which I find vaguely depressing.

In fact, I spent the better part of the day mentally reviewing the faces of customers I haven't seen in a while. Cade, for instance. I find I miss him. He's got a sweet face and a gentle nature I miss. I asked his coworkers where the hell he is and was told "oh, he's still there." He just hasn't been coming by. Several of the guys from the gym (workers) have disappeared of late. Most of the current staff are strangers to me and the one I was building a frienship with has moved on, too.

It's all terribly depressing. And here I am dwelling on it. *sigh*

That's what I spend a lot of my days doing. Being stressed out and dwelling on shit. But hey... at least I'm cleaning the house regularly because of the stress. And I went to the gym tonight and worked my ass off (not as off as I'd like...) which is a step in the right direction. I also ate pretty well today, too. So whatever. It's not the worse day in history or anything.

No comments: