Thursday, April 20, 2006

More of the two men I'm not banging.

I could name so many men I'm not banging. In fact... I'd have to name every man in the world. That's a long list. Are you on it?

Anyway. So Sam came in extra early. I wasn't expecting him and actually ran across him as I was turning a corner. We didn't run into one another but he scared the crap out of me. Which I told him he did. "I did not... did I?" he asked. But, sometimes I'm easily frightened. So yeah, he did. So I talked to him for all of about two seconds before he took off for PT. I suppose I won't see him tomorrow since I've seen him a lot this week. Mores the pity.

Mason came in, too. Once he came in and bought... something. "I'll see you later," he said. I said something like "okay, have a nice day" and he said, "I'll be back." Righto. And he was. Only the second time I didn't ring him up. The third time, though, I was surprised to see him. He was dressed in his civies... something I've seen him wandering around in more and more often. He was buying a handful of toiletries so I asked him "...are you going on a trip?" He said he was not but that he'd run out of these things. I looked at the variety he had brought up. Soap. Toothpaste. That sort of thing. "...you ran out? Of all these things? All at once?" I gave him a look but he said nothing so I said "I bet you just haven't bathed in three days." He smiled at me vaguely and I laughed, "sorry, I really think I'm hysterical." He smiled a little more strongly, then, and stared at me. I met his gaze and he said "you are funny. That's why I keep coming back." I laughed at that, "and here I thought it was because it's a store... and has stuff." He continued to look at me. His eyes caught mine and I gazed at him, meeting his eyes for a long second. Every single time he looks at me like that I always expect him to say something. Anything. Finally I said, "you know... go home." He waved his hand in the general direction of the dorms and said "that's home" or something like that.

And now I'm confused. Because I swore he said something once about the wife and kids. ...so is he getting divorced or what? I'm confused. IS he available?!? I went back through the blog looking to see if I wrote down whatever it was that gave me the idea that he was married but now I can't find anything. I'm really confused.

And now the benedryl is hitting so it's bed time....

No comments: