Monday, April 24, 2006

I guess...

it has been a while. A sleepy weekend involving a video game, a book, and a bed. I had tenative plans with EB. However, my schedule was kind of weird so I didn't know if we could see each other until the last minute and then... he wasn't around to tell. I suppose I could have called him but I just wasn't that passionate about the idea, though I find myself vaguely disappointed. Some lovin' is better than none lovin'.

Meanwhile both Mason and Sam came in today. I had a short talk with Mason since my super religious coworker was there. He asked us to help him pick sunglasses. I SHOULD have said something like "oh, no, sorry. Can't do that. I won't help you pick something that'll hide your pretty eyes." But instead said something about how I didn't really want to thanks to many work-related experiences from my previous job which required me to do so ad naseum. So every pair of glasses he tried I kind of "eh"ed. Nothing was quite right. He said something about how he'd left his glasses at home and needed a pair to get him through the week.

This is when I think I finally figured out his living situation. Near as I can tell he lives in the next state North of us. From there he commutes home for the weekends and spends the rest of the week in the "dorms" on base. I mentioned my supposition to my coworker and she said that I was correct that is what he does. Because she apparently knew all along....

So it all makes sense, too, that when he goes home on the weekends it would be stressful because a weeks worth of "quality time" and "family" stuff would have to be done in those two days... and then back to work. It's not the life I'd choose, I think. Well, maybe not. Hmm.

I think it's that sort of situation that's PERFECT for having affairs. Especially for the person left in the house. But anyway....

No comments: