Friday, July 14, 2006

Greek... ...okay....

One of my favorite lines from personal ads (okay, VERY personal ads) "greek okay." I don't know why. I just appreciate it.

The point being, the Greek god came to the store today. I'm sure no one but me remembers the Greek god, but he's one of the cops that used to come into the store regularly. He's a nice guy and he's kind of fun. Anyway, he's one of those people I sort of fetishize. I continue to deny having a cop fetish, however... he very much falls under another fetish of mine I've mentioned in the past. A fetish which has never been realized. Anyway, I try NOT to think of him that way but... hell... why not? He's married and I see him like... every two months. So why the fuck not enjoy it.

So he came into the store today and I was surprised, "I was just thinking about you like, two days ago," I told him. Totally true. More thinking, "gosh, I wonder why I STILL never see him around the area...." than anything else. It's almost like I make people appear, sometimes (if ONLY that were the case, Sam AND Nils... and for fuck's sake Keith... would be around all the god damned time). I talked to him for a few minutes, although I wondered that he didn't ask WHAT I'd been thinking about him. And he left, because he was only on lunch.

Besides me joy at the fact that the Greek god came back to see me, I have to admit, I find myself incredibly attracted to a few people and on the verge of saying something really forward to them and I see myself getting incredibly nervous. I won't say anything to them (any of them) because I don't REALLY want any of that in my life right now (just before we move? I think not. No point in starting something it'll hurt to stop). However, it amuses me at how shy I really still am.

Also, there's a guy who comes into the store very regularly. I know pretty much exactly what he's going to buy and generally make sure he gets taken care of quickly so he can get on with his life. He's really pretty fucking hot. He's good looking, right around 30 (a lovely age for both sexes, thank you), and built BEAUTIFULLY. And he almost NEVER meets my eyes. It's been this way from the beginning. If I want to have a conversation with him I have to start the conversation. Needless to say this took several months for me to figure out. Since then I've become more at ease with talking to him, but he still has these days where he'll walk in, get his stuff and leave with not a word spoken and his head down. It's REALLY weird. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It's not like he ignores me by any means. He's just... quiet. Hmm. Maybe he's a potential serial killer. Whatever the case he fascinates me....

No comments: