Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Things

So today was my last day at work for four whole days. Score! But, fuck I spent the better part of the day really pissy. The store temperature hovers around 90 or 95 degrees on a regular basis, which is just ridiculous. It's enough to make a sane person mad... and I'll be fucked if I'm sane (which is probably why I'm not getting any).

Part way through the day, though, Sam came in. That was a lovely surprise. "What're you doing at this store?!?" He asked, surprised. I shrugged and said something like "I got where they tell me." I really REALLY wanted to tell him "I'm the store whore, I go where they tell me, do what they tell me... and they pay me for it." But I'm sure I think that's a hell of a lot funnier than anyone else would... and I didn't want to scandalize my coworker.

On an unrelated note, I'm having a long-term love affair with "One Thing" by Amerie ft. Eve. For some reason no matter how many times I've heard it, it never seems to get old and grate the way some songs do.

Also, everyone loves Foghat's Slow Ride. EVERYONE.

After seeing Martin again the other night he's become this obsession on my mind, again. It's not like I wanted to marry the guy but I have like NO contact with him anymore and I miss him. I sent him an email letting him know I miss him and left it at that. I just want him to know I still think of him fondly.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing Keith has his life back somehow. Or maybe he's miserable. I have no idea. I haven't written to him in a long-ass time. Or heard from him, either. That saddens me in a way that's different from the way I miss Martin. I always think of my "relationship" with Keith as playing with fire. Dangerous and sexy and so fucking hot. That might just be how I'd describe him, while I'm at it.

Regardless, I miss Martin's tenderness and affection. He was so very open with his emotions and so very THERE, so much of the time. (Not always I admit, but what can a girl do?) I miss Keith's touch and sense of humor. When I see men who attract me I think of Keith and of how different he was from any other man I've been with. It sets my heart to acheing a little. And some other parts, too....

I'm crazy. But I get four days off. So fuck it all anyway.

No comments: