Friday, July 28, 2006

Stories of the Day

Trian came in today. He was slightly more pleasant than he has been of late. Things are crazy with him, as always and I can't bring myself to get involved. Especially when my thoughts are running toward the "I can maybe act as a distraction... give him someone to use to 'get over' the woman he's currently pining for now." Because you know, I don't know if it's my place to even considering trying to fill that role. I'm not sure anyone should. Then again, I tried that role with Martin and he ended up with the chick anyway....

Meanwhile, The Slut came in. I told him I think of him as "the slut" instead of by his given name (which is oddly the exact same damned name as Keith and EB's name. Three guys with the same name. Enough already!) .

It went down something like this:

"Hey ****!" he said, "Long time no see."
I smiled at him past my customers and said, "Hey... *****!" So he wandered through the store. When he finally came up through the line (with several people waiting behind him) I told him, "You know, the truth... the reason I can't always remember your name is because of that shirt you wear. The one that says 'I am a slut.' I always think of you as 'the slut.' So when you come in the store I think 'oh, look, it's the slut' and every time I say your name I'm really thinking 'slut.'"

He laughed at that and acknowledged that he understood, now. And thought it was pretty funny. At the end of the transaction I said, "Thanks... *****," making it a point to say his name carefully. He laughed and responded "thanks, slut!" In front of everyone, saying what he now knew I meant.

Another regular customer overheard this, as I laughed and couldn't wipe the grin off my face and asked what that was about. So I gave him the shortest version of the story possible (which wasn't all that short). And then laughed some more. Needless to say I was in a very good mood.

Then a hot guy came in and I found myself gazing longingly at him. He was pretty ideal, although I didn't think his face was model-handsome it was unmistakably masculine and attractive. One of the girls who comes into the store saw me watching him and laughed her ass off at me. I had no idea I was so obvious. But it's always nice to amuse other people even as I amuse myself....

Later I was thinking about Trian considering his situation and what role I should take in it (as mentioned above) and he came walking in, surprising the hell out of me since he came in at a time he's not usually around. I admitted I'd been thinking about him and then added, "I wonder if it would work if I thought really hard about a few other particular men." So then I started thinking about Sam. A few hours later he came in. Score.

Sam didn't stay all that long, although he did talk to me a little. He's apparently moving. I was momentarily upset until he said it was in the same complex he's in now, just a different apartment. Then he told me he's going TDY. And I found myself once again dealing with the minor anxiety of losing his beautiful face forever (thinking he might not be back until after I move).... except he then added it was only for a few days. Whew. Also, I'm pretty sure his first name is NOT what I used to think it was... but rather the same fucking name as Martin. I mean, for christ sakes, people. Come up with some new names!

Anyway, I mentioned that I bought a new car (a rather obvious and unmistakable one which is hard to miss in a parking lot) in the hopes he'll keep in eye out for me and come in sometimes when I'm working. Yes, I really AM that pathetic.

Oh, and then there's this other guy. I don't think I know him outside of the store. However, he always gives me these intense looks like he KNOWS me. One day he asked me about when I'm moving. I explained but I found myself thinking "when did I tell him I'm moving?!" Later he asked me where. I've always found myself vaguely confused because it seems like his questions come out of nowhere, although I'm not sure they do. However, since I remember him more, now, I try to be friendly and play along. He asked me today how long I've lived in the area. I told him and he asked me what I do on the weekends. Unfortunately, the answer is generally "sleep" or "watch TV" or that sort of thing. However, this weekend I do have plans which could be interesting to some, so I told him about that. He said he'd take it under advisement (my word, not his). Next time I see him I will make a suggestion as to a weekend place to go.

I'm not really sure what to make of him, though, even now. Because I'm just not sure if he's coming on to me or what. He knows I'm married because I've mentioned it. On the other hand, asking what my usual weekend plans are is kind of personal and appears to be something usually reserved for close friends or potential friends/partners. What do I know about social interaction, though? I just know doing the same thing got me into trouble with another guy. Whom I would totally fuck, btw. Not that he knows it. Not that I'm hot to admit it to him. But that's hardly the point. I really ought to just do it.

Just to get laid.

*sigh*

No comments: