Tuesday, July 25, 2006

More boring talk.

I think of myself, mostly, as "cute". I suppose it's the loser's way of calling oneself "pretty" without being pushy or challenging. Who's going to challenge a personal assessment of "cute"?

One of the delivery men (not one of the regulars) came in and I talked to him a little. Later on I ended up needing to pick something up from another store so I headed there... and he was there, too. It was kind of funny. "Are you following me," he asked. My response was "....yes." As I was preparing the stuff I was picking up he stood around (apparently waiting for... something) and talked about "all the beautiful women" who work in that particular store. I was the one close enough to hear him and I laughed. And he said something else (I forget) which made me think "wow, I think he means... me...?" Anyway, it was a lovely compliment from a non-threatening man and I appreciated it. Of course, he was rather a lot older than me and I'm reasonably sure he was just trying to be especially nice... but I thought it was cool.

You know. Compliments will get you everywhere.

On an unrelated note:

Later on I was at the car dealership doing some final paperwork. I was given some papers to take home with me and as I walked out the door I found myself looking at someone else's paperwork on the last page. I brought it back in but was a little surprised when I saw the guy's name. He shares a last name with Keith. But what kind of middle name is "Rae" for a guy? Spell it right, I say. Anyway. I just thought it was kind of an unlikely coincidence.

No comments: