Sunday, July 09, 2006

The rest

I'm still tired, only got up to let the dogs out, so I'll finish my story quick and go back to bed....

So the night was relatively uneventful, save that single moment in his office. When we left, the hugs and hand shakes went around the room as friends and acquaintances parted. Husband and I were the last two to leave. Martin hugged me goodbye, remaining completely proper as he did so. As we parted I realized that I'd let my hand run down his shoulder and chest in a more than friendly way. It wasn't exactly intentional, a throw back to our semi-recent intimacy, however, I AM still interested.

Once we got into the car, husband and I both started talking about his girlfriend. I have nothing bad to say about her. She was very quiet, but friendly. I was surely the same way, tonight. I think the thing most noticable was that she seems very sick. I knew she was sick before, in delicate health, even. However, I had expected that she would be healthier than she looked. She spent the evening bundled up as I sweltered. The other thing is that Husband pointed out, "she looked kind of... old." I nearly smacked him for that, if only because I had said that before after seeing a few pictures of her... and he'd argued that I was wrong. Well. Turns out. Although, I do think whatever it is that makes her so sick is probably the reason she's aged.

Obviously none of these things are things to mock or make fun of. However, I left feeling really worried about her... and about Martin. When he seperated from his wife (and before his girlfriend moved in) he lost a lot of weight. He looks as though he's put some of it back on. Whether it's from the fact that he's back in a stable relationship... or he's eating to make himself happy... I can't say. I sincerely hope it's the former.

On the other hand, the fact that he appeared to be asking me to sleep with him, again, not too long ago... and the way he acted in the office last night... I'm just not convinced he's all that happy. Or maybe he is but he likes his bit on the side, too. However, considering the fact that he left his last wife because she was "cheating"....

Anyway. Last night was kind of weird for me and obviously a LOT of things were going through my mind. Whether I've read any of the situation right I can't even say. However, I'm open to whatever... or whatever not.

It's also really weird to think that we'll be moving in a few months. The time limit on things certainly makes it unlikely that Martin and I will hook up again....

No comments: