Saturday, July 29, 2006

Other things

Another minor thing, yesterday.

There's a cute teenager that comes into the store all the time. He's in the military, but not really your typical soldier type. Just how I like 'em. He is, however, about 10 years younger than I am. And acts like it. He's fun but immature. Anyway. Whenever he comes in we spar a little. We have similar attitudes about things and tend to be very mocking of one another but never to the point where either of us really believes what we're saying. We can have a real conversation or not and it's equally comfortable. Anyway, I find him fun and it's all good. I'd count him as a "sort of" friend.

So he and I were teasing one another (yet again) yesterday as I rang him up. Another customer waited in line as we were playing. I believe my "sort of" friend was talking about breaking the PIN pad. I told him to try, but I'd probably then have to kick his ass or something. He responded that the PIN pad was going DOWN and I told him I wasn't afraid of him. That sort of thing. Complete silliness. I told him to have a nice day and he headed back to work.

The next customer in line looked at me and said "you two should just go out on a date."

Which kind of threw me off. I told the guy that it wasn't really like that, after all I'm married and he's like ten years younger than I am. His response was "that could be fun." I laughed and added that I think of the guy more as my little brother. Although he is pretty cute.

However, since this guy comes in at least twice a day most days (sometimes more) the next time he came in I found myself looking at him more objectively wondering if maybe there was a possibility there....

Naw.

No comments: