Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Internet Access

For some unknown reason the big wig internet folks for my company (I think that's their official designation) sent out a mass email (also known as SPAM) letting everyone know the acceptable use policy. Which is fairly generous versus what I thought it was.

I only bring this up because my boss runs around and tells us "don't use the computer for anything other than official company business!" except that's not what the SOP says. So HA! No more shall I run scared from using the internet for personal business while at work. So long as I'm on a break....

Tomorrow is my last day on and then I get four blissful days off. Unfortunately, tomorrow I will be working at the hot store. The one that runs at about 90 degrees F on a regular basis. That's about 33 degrees Celsius (give or take). That's hot... but not in a way I appreciate. I cannot believe the temperature around here. Global warming is out of control.

I spent most of last night chatting. It was kind of fun. I can't explain it but I met some really cool people that way and I was pleased. Maybe I'll explain it later. Suffice it to say I was greatly pleased with the folks I got to chat with. Including the guy in Australia...

No comments: