Sunday, October 03, 2004

Being Sexy. Or Not.

I was watching a show just a moment ago which starred a woman who was clearly very uncomfortable with her body. Her clothes were loose and drab. Whenever she wore clothing which was more fitted she shrank into herself, hands quick to cover herself. Truth be told, this woman had a lovely body, thin and statuesque.

Watching her, I was reminded that it's entirely true that most of what sexiness is comes from inside more than outside. Sure, you have to take care of yourself and wear appropriate clothing... but it's also very much about confidence.

I can't say as I'm the most confident woman, but I'm reasonably comfortable in my skin. Not always thrilled... but I do okay for myself. I admit that I'll never be a model. But, honestly, I'm not too bad. And I definately don't hide myself quite so much as all that....

No comments: