Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Readership and jealousy.

I notice I suddenly get much visitors from TwiddlyBits. Yay. Thank you. Guess I always wanted to be famous. Too bad I'm not exciting enough to keep anyone! But really, I'm just whining.

I'd like to wax poetic about jealousy here for a moment. I've got this odd thing... I'm never jealous of my husband. He can go and do whatever he wants and I'm okay with that. Encourage it, even. The night he had sex with my friend upstairs while I was watching TV downstairs was nothing to me. I almost considered joining them, but decided I just wasn't that into girls.

So, I always find it annoying and humorous when I'm chatting up some hot guy online and I get jealous of their other girlfriends. I did it all the time with my ex. I got painfully jealous. I tried hard not to be, but I was.

It was reading that wonderful book "The Ethical Slut" that everyone recommends that made me at least be aware of WHY I was jealous. It kind of put everything into perspective. Jealousy comes from insecurity. Of course I'm insecure over the guys I'm trying to get into bed. And of course I'm secure in my relationship with my husband.

However, this is an excellent example of a situation where being aware of the hows and whys doesn't make the "problem" go away. I'm still stuck with these feelings that I can explain... but can't seem to deal with properly. And it's a problem. Which I have no idea how to fix.

2 comments:

TwiddlyBits said...

Yeah, I added you to my blogroll! :-) I'm enjoying your blog and hope others do, too.

One thing: switch to haloscan for comments. The blogger comments make you have a blogger account & that's not nice. :-(

ps. I hope you do go to the strip club! ;-)

Some Woman said...

I don't know how! If you know, feel free to tell me. Otherwise, I'll see about figuring it out. :-) Thank you.