Friday, September 22, 2006

Feelin' Froggy

I realized today that I have no fucking clue what the hell that term means. I asked my husband and he considered and said "I have no idea, either." Although we're both pretty sure we've heard it. I know I've heard it. A lot lately. It might have something to do with being intoxicated in some manner. But it's a very strange, very compelling phrase to me.

Anyway, I thought about a lot of stuff while I was at work today and actually had the presence of mind to write my thoughts down. There were many thoughts. Among them was an intense disappointment that none of my admirers came in today. How disappointing is that? I was really looking forward to seeing the guy who told me he wants me (I'll call him Curt). Anyway, my hopes were up the whole day, and there was no sign of him. God damn that Curt for making me want him and then just disappearing altogether for the whole fucking week.

Otherwise, I saw Hawk and I stared deep into his very, very dark eyes, trying to make out the edges of his contacts. But I couldn't. He leaned close. Close enough for me to kiss him. But I couldn't see them. He stood back up and I shook my head and told him I don't see them. He leaned close again, once again close enough that another inch or two and our lips would have touched... and I saw nothing. I wonder what he would have done if I had just up and kissed him. That would have been amusing....

I'll share the things I wrote down later.

No comments: