Thursday, September 14, 2006

*wink*

Trian came in today. He wasn't in the vast majority of the day so I sent him a text message asking if perhaps he was afraid of the rain? He showed up about 20 minutes later and winked at me. He had his friend with him, his "body guard" as I call him, so there was no conversation, although he stayed behind for a second to say something. Unfortunately a customer walked up so he cut himself off on his first word and basically left However, I sent him a message thanking him for at least coming to visit. He sent me one back saying something like that I was in an abnormally good mood today and he'd see me tomorrow.

Me? Good mood?

The funny thing is just before he sent me that final message one of my other customers had stopped in. The one I accidentally came on to a while back and who's since continued to come into the store on a not-very-regular basis in order to come on to me. I was working on re-organizing a section of the peg wall when I saw him coming in. I don't remember too much of the conversation specifically because much of it was experienced in a haze of hormones, fatigue, and shock. So, I can only cover the highlights.

Like when my favorite bitchy man-customer came into the store and in response to some comment he overheard told me "it's NOT always about you." I stared hard at him and told him "shut up and go away" and he did (snarkily, but that's how we relate to one another). So the customer who keeps flirting with me said quietly, "I'd make it ALL about you." And I actually got wet just from those couple of words. Fuck. I'm easy.

When there was no one else around he mumbled something to me. I said "what?" and he repeated his mumble, looking around to make sure no one could overhear. So then I leaned way toward him and said "what?" again. He said quietly, "you have no idea how much I want you." Yeah. He said that. Out loud. To me. I smiled and said something like "you're right. I don't. And I can't imagine why you would." Stupid, I know... but c'mon. And his response was "different strokes" or some such garbage. I sighed and told him "that was SO totally the wrong answer." Fuck, just about ANYTHING else would have been better. I stared at him a long moment and I considered actually giving him my number just then. But I didn't. Because I'm a damned fool.

He ended up leaving a bit after that, but I did tell him I'll be moving in a month. Maybe he'll come back again soon. Next time I'll give him my number. And maybe I'll end up with a worthwhile story to tell....

No comments: