Friday, September 29, 2006

Morals

So there's this kinda cute young guy who (used) to come into the store on a regular basis. Supposedly today is his last day. Which works out well since my last day is so close. He's a nice kid and I've often wondered about the possibilities. In a sort of "let me pervert you" way. In so far as I'm even perverse. Ahem. Anyway.

So we were talking today and somehow the conversation turned to sex. I believe I said something like "that's like saying sex and masturbation are the same." "Well, they are," he replied, "sex with yourself." I shook my head and laughed vaguely before saying "it's not really, though" and he replied "sure, all those kinds of sex, oral, anal... whatever... it's all the same really." I wanted to open my mouth to say more but another customer came up and the boy had to go. So much for him. But really, all I could think of was that early scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin when we find out our hero has never had sex. Dude. Just like bags of sand....

Wade came in and I talked to him for a while. I really like him as a person. I'm still just not convinced I could fuck him. Anyway, I talked to him about my "moral" issue having to do with sex with the married man. We went back and forth about it for a while about whether I hold any responsibility in making it possible for Curt to have another extramartial affair. Wade absolutely thinks that's not my issue, my business, or within my ability to control Curt and I should just do what I want to do. I argued that in knowing that he's married I do have certain amount of moral responsibility.

However, I also ended up asking both Wade and Husband about hookers. Both of them and myself seem to believe paid sex is perfectly fine. However, I pointed out that many professionals are dealing with married men. Therefore, if having sex with a married man is morally wrong for, say, me how could it be any less morally wrong for them? Husband suggests it has something to do with emotional attachment. However, I do believe men can (and do) become (inappropriately) emotionally attached to their service providers and that in the case of Curt and I there wouldn't be any real danger of the two of us becoming attached since I obviously already know Curt's a liar AND I'm moving cross country in less than month. And if it's okay for a whore... why not for me?

The funny thing about this particular conversation is that it actively compares me to a whore. And that doesn't bother me a bit. In a way I suppose that opens me up to ridicule. It's just too bad I don't think of it as an insult so much as a career choice...

Meanwhile, Wade now knows the deal with husband an I in the most superficial of ways. I told him, basically, "I fuck who I want." However, earlier in the conversation Wade said something like "hey, I'm just playing with you," telling me that supposedly he never meant his come ons. However, later he said something about how my talking about having sex was making him "uncomfortable" as if to suggest he was getting hard. So, whatever. I think he was just trying to cover his ass when he thought I was going to blast him for all the things he's said.

No comments: