Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Island-- not a real spoiler alert... but a spoiler alert, anyway.


I must say, I really like the new blogger images thing. Yes it's taken me a couple of weeks to try it, but now I'm in love. I've got to recommend it. Adding a picture to each entry is soooooooooooo Ken and Ariel. Which is to say something I've appreciated in others for a while. That doesn't mean I'm going to do it with each entry... but well... I'll probably be doing it a lot more. So get used to it.

In one of the scenes of The Island they explain that the characters don't know anything about sex. Cut to a scene later on when the two leads lock lips. Their first kiss. Ever. After a moment they part and Lincoln tells Jordan he especially likes "the tongue thing" (to paraphrase). And then they go back to their passionate embrace.

Husband and I looked at each other and he finally said "I didn't like the tongue thing when I first did it." I smiled "I was about to say the same thing." "Yeah. It grows on you, though" "Absolutely. I only kept trying because other people seemed to like it, and then it was fun."

I turned to husband's friend and repeated the gist of the conversation "the tongue thing isn't really great the first time." He stared at me, clearly flabbergasted that I'd say such a thing. "The FIRST time," I said, meaningfully, "EVER." He thought for a second "yeah, you're right. It gets better." I smiled, "I know."

After the movie was over and the friend had gone his way, I told husband about the unintentional/intentional breast contact. "He's such a pimp!" husband said, jealous. I laughed. "I don't know how he does it, he just walks up to that line with girls and manages not to quite cross it!" I laughed again, "yeah, he does a pretty good job of that."

No comments: