Monday, July 25, 2005

Speaking of tattoos...

Unfurling is talking about getting a tattoo. I've been mulling over the idea for a while. I'm still nowhere near convinced about it... but I'm steadily leaning toward it.

However.

If I get a tattoo it's going to have to be something I really CAN live with having for the rest of my life. And in a place I can stand to have it for the rest of my life.

Anyway, I was considering at length what I'd get. If I were to get a tattoo I'd really want to start with an image I could get excited about. Nothing too detailed because I'm NOT a pain whore... but something I'd like.

I keep thinking of a much-too-detailed poster my sister had on her wall for years. I don't know the artist and can't find it online under the searches I've used (although I swear I found it once last year). Specifically it was a piece depicting a woman who had been welding some kind of man-robot and was caught off guard by the man-robot in question grabbing her in a particularly adult embrace. Even to this day I wonder what the artist was thinking as the story behind the picture as there are several obvious choices. And it's pretty fucking sexy.

The other obsession I have is with incubuses. And I'm not sure that'll ever go away.

But, bleh. Anyway. It's idle thought. Nothing serious. Not trying to steal Unfurling's thunder. Between the two tattoo shows on TV lately and Unfurling... I just got to thinking is all.

No comments: