Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Long Talk

Actually, it wasn't the long talk. We had that last month. I brought up the D word that day. And added "I sit here some days and try to figure out how the fuck I'm going to make it on my own with the dogs... and know that financially I just can't and I need to figure something out."

It got his attention for a while. He swears he's trying to be less complacent. And it's true. I'm much less miserable.

So we watched Oprah (well, okay, I did) and I made fun of the couples on the show. Well, one in particular, and we talked about our own relationship. Much as he hates having those kinds of talks, it helps me a lot. Just to know where we stand and what's going on. I never liked feeling SO completely disconnected from him as I have in the last year. I finally told him, "you know, I DON'T like feeling like there are things I'm NOT allowed to talk about with you. I hate that." Maybe he gets it. Maybe not.

However, it was a good talk. And I don't think he was upset by it. Which is very good.

No comments: