Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Oh, la la.

I'm still sick. But not even as sick as I was this morning. I shall still be working hard to get a lot of rest tomorrow on my 2nd day off since I won't get another until at least next Monday.

I called Li today to ask him where the heck he was and if he'd be in this week. Turns out he'll be in tomorrow. Yeah, my day off. Lovely. I specifically asked my manager "can't Li come in another day of the week than Monday" (which is now, apparently, eternally my day off) but when asked, yesterday (my first day off) if he should come in today (my day on in the middle of my days off) she said "no." Grr. Is she trying to keep me from him!?!

So I'm irritated with her.

But he didn't know any of this, including when he'd be in. I found this all out later. When he did find out when he'd be in he called me back to let me know. Then asked "will you be there?" I told him "no" but felt a secret thrill that he cared enough to ask.

Of course, he followed it up with another question which was entirely work-related and would account for him asking me if I'd be there.

I liked hearing his voice. It made me think of what he'd sound like using that barely above a whisper-post-sex voice....

No comments: