Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Snip.

I watched the tail end of a documentary last night about castration. The movie, called American Eunuchs was really pretty interesting. There were some really odd people in the show, of course, who did some really odd things to themselves and others. I ended up staying up to watch a repeat of it so I could catch the beginning.

Among the "characters" was a young couple where the guy had himself completely de-sexed. He found intimacy with his wife unpleasant and made the decision to undergo the procedure. Then start dressing in drag. It was all very odd. Given a final chance to masturbate before going under the knife he quickly and decisively declined with an "absolutely not!" His wife was on camera, trying to be supportive but obviously very uncomfortable with the idea of sex or of sexual organs herself.

It got me to thinking about what would happen if husband were to ever consider such a thing (which believe me is the LAST thing on his mind, he appreciates what his testicles do for him). What would it be like to be married to someone like that? And I realise I'd leave his ass in a heartbeat. Much as I'd wish him luck (although strongly believing he'd be doomed to misery) I don't think I'd be able to hang out for that kind of body mod.

It was just an interesting show about a small (but apparently increasing) part of society.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note I really have to say that Scott Peterson (yeah, the killer) is like... way hot. Hot people shouldn't do bad things. Especially things that bad. Because it makes me really uncomfortable to find really bad people to be really hot.

No comments: