Tuesday, November 09, 2004

He was there!

I almost forgot to mention that Li was at work yesterday. Oh, thank god. As soon as he walked in I was like "oops, here I go!" and started to get all giggly and embarassed. So, I had to hide away from his line of sight until I could get myself back in check. Having done that, I was able to go greet him.

Apparently, though, he's somewhat sick and entirely depressed as he's had a couple of deaths in the family lately. I don't know that anyone really knows what to say to someone in that situation but I'm at a TOTAL loss since I've only known a couple of people who've died and I wasn't particularly close to either of them. Of course, I wanted to make things better for him but that's just not possible. So, all day he ranged from being in a good mood to being somewhat depressed and introspective. I adore him in all his moods so I kind of rolled with the flow.

The best part of the day occured about the time I was on lunch. One of the girls I work with (who also rather likes him) informed me that I need to go check him out. At that moment she got called away so I wandered over to another girl and asked her what's up. "He's got a sticker on his pants" she told me. So, I went back to check and let him know. I explained that I heard he had a sticker and please turn around so I could check. He did his little slow turn for me (which was kind of fun so I could check him out) but I saw nothing. I shrugged and explained that I was told there was a sticker but I didn't see one on his uniformly grey pants so it was probably gone. As I said this I let my eyes graze over his pants one more time. And then I saw it. This neon orange bit of sticker.

Right there on the fly of his pants. I snickered. "Oh, there it is. Now I see why they didn't want to tell you." Except as I gazed at it my eyes were drawn toward his... umm... endowment. Which was entirely unintentional on MY part. But, the sticker was right there... and it was so fucking BIG. I don't THINK my expression gave anything away because god only knows I didn't want to say anything but I finally looked back up at him and he said "what? Where is it?" I laughed and kind of pointed on myself to demonstrate. He found it and looked at it, "it says... number one...." I don't think it said anything. Still, it was pretty funny. I left but once I got into the breakroom with the other girl she said "did you SEE it?!?" I nodded. "And did you see his..." I laughed out loud, "yes." "It's SO BIG!" she said. I laughed, "yes!" So we giggled for a while and she said something along the lines of "unless he's wearing a cup!" No way. The guy's just hung.

Later in the day he asked me when i work next. So, I told him my schedule for the week and he suggested he'd try to come back either today (Tuesday) or Friday. The only two days left in my work week.

Surely he likes me if he's doing that, right?

Why do I still doubt his interest in me?

No comments: