Monday, January 31, 2005

SitC

I was watching an episode of Sex in the City On Demand tonight. I'm so addicted to that show. In this particular episode the girls were chatting about bad kissers and I laughed my ass off as they described a couple of guys I've met. Most specifically the guy who stuck his tongue in my mouth and let it lay there like a dead fish. WTF is that about? When I finally got tired of trying to get him to kiss me back he asked "what's the matter, don't you like to kiss?" I mean... wtf... was that kissing? That wasn't kissing. I chose not to sleep with him because of that kiss and apparently the characters (and writers) on the show agreed with that choice.

Meanwhile, on to a more serious topic. I've slept with Frank a large number of times. Not just once or twice. He's been the ONLY guy I've seen regularly since I started sleeping around again. And while I'm really still not happy with what happened, I also understand that there was a certain amount of miscommunication there. I believe earlier in the evening I was teasing him with some "no"s which I really didn't mean. Now, of course it would have been correct for him to stop when I said no whether I really meant it or not... but he didn't because he knew I didn't mean it. After teasing him about my ass at least twice in the evening I can't say that he ought to have realised that these no's were more serious.

At the time I was heartbroken over the whole thing. Looking back, I see mistakes were made on both sides and I simply don't blame him as fully as I could. When I re-examine my feelings from that night I find it's not a particularly tender subject. I mean, if and when he talks to me again it's going to be awkward and difficult to break things off but I feel the misstep is the straw that broke the camels back. I've seen other flaws which to this point I've overlooked... but now I'm done overlooking them. The sum total says "stay away." And so I shall.

He didn't rape me, he really didn't even TRY to rape me. He did, however, overstep a boundry and break my trust. Therefore, I'm vaguely wounded by his actions but not scarred. Or scared, for that matter.

No comments: